Canadian Motor Vehicle Traffic Collision Statistics: 2006
Road Safety and Motor Vehicle Regulation
Collected in co-operation with the
Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators
- START with Collisions and Casualties - 1987-2006 and work your way through the pages in the same order as in the printed pamphlet;
- OR select a specific table from the table of contents below.
Table of Contents
- Casualty Rates
- Collisions and Casualties - 1987-2006
- Fatalities - 1987-2006
- Fatalities by Road User Class - 2002-2006
- Fatalities and Injuries by Age Group
- Licensed Drivers and Motor Vehicle Registrations by Type of Vehicle - 1987-2006
- Number of Collisions by Location
- Number of Licensed Drivers by Gender and by Age
- Percentage of Driver and Passenger Fatalities and Serious Injuries Where Victims Were not Using Seat Belts - 2002-2006
- Percentage of Driver and Passenger Fatalities and Serious Injuries by Age Group
- Percentage of Fatally Injured Drivers Tested and Found to Have Been Drinking
- Percentage of Fatalities and Serious Injuries by Road User Class
The decline in police reporting in British Columbia in the years 1996 through 2004 has affected the British Columbia totals and, to a lesser extent, national totals reported in this publication.
Alternative Formats Available
PDF (Portable Document Format)
The complete report "Canadian Motor Vehicle Traffic Collisions 2006" is also available in PDF Format (597 KB).
To view PDF documents you must use Adobe® Acrobat Reader. Visit the Adobe site to download the latest, free version.
Ordering Printed Copies
Please note that the following links will open in new windows.
If you need an alternative format or for more information, please contact us by e-mail at RoadSafetyWebMail@tc.gc.ca or call toll free 1-800-333-0371 (Ottawa area (613) 998-8616).
Road Safety and Motor Vehicle
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street
- Date modified: