Vessels of 15 to 150 Gross Tonnage
- 15-150 gross tons (12-24 metres)
- includes all passenger vessels up to 150 gross tons carrying more than 12 but no more than 25 berthed or 100 unberthed passengers
- other non-pleasure craft
What do I need to know about this type of vessel?
New technology and evolving industry standards are two factors that directly impact marine legislation. Taking a modern approach to safety requires regulations, standards and policies to be updated regularly to reflect such industry components. Making sure that you are aware of any changes in regulation will help you remain compliant.
- Small commercial vessels require a valid operating certificate. Certificates, valid for a restricted period of time, are initially issued after a first inspection and at Periodic Inspections thereafter.
- Whether you are an experienced mariner or just starting out, there is additional information available to you. Although the Small Commercial Vessel Safety Guide is aimed at vessels less than 15 gross tons, it is a helpful tool for enhancing education and awareness of matters pertaining to small vessels.
- The following is a list of core regulations that apply to this type of vessel. For a comprehensive list of regulations that pertain to your vessel, consult the official Regulations.
Other Important Information